The ATO is starting to move towards paperless reporting for business taxpayers. We are therefore encouraging our clients to register for the ATO Business Portal.
What is the Business Portal?
The Business Portal is a secure website for managing your business tax affairs.
You can use the Business Portal to:
- View, prepare, lodge and revise Activity Statements.
- View your statement of account and payment options.
- Transfer funds between your accounts.
- View and request refunds.
- Update your details.
- Communicate with the ATO through a secure mailbox.
Advantages of using the Business Portal
- Stay connected with the ATO and have access to all correspondence electronically.
- Ensure your details are always current.
- Receive an additional two weeks to lodge your Activity Statements. Terms and conditions apply.
Setting up a Business Portal account is easy
Business taxpayers with a current ABN can register by applying for an AUSkey. An AUSkey is a form of digital certification software installed on your computer, USB or server which grants authorisation to access the secure Business Portal.
For further information and FAQs visit the business portal.