The WA Small Business Assistance Grant – December 2021 is now open. It is available to small businesses operating within the hospitality sector, the music events industry or the creative and performing arts sector, that were directly financially impacted by the Chief Health Officer’s COVID Restrictions from 23 December 2021 to 4 January 2022.
Eligible businesses include those operating:
- In the hospitality sector, including pubs, taverns, hotels, restaurants and cafés.
- Event organisers/managers.
- Hospitality or event related businesses, including
- food and beverage, including catering services,
- rental or hiring services (for example, toilets, staging, audio visual, etc.),
- creative and performing arts (for example, musicians).
Eligible businesses must:
- Be located within the Perth, Rottnest or Peel regions;
- Make sales of more than $50,000 per year;
- Have paid wages of less than $4 million in the 2020-21 financial year; and
- Be able to demonstrate a reduction in turnover of at least 30% compared to the same period last year, that is directly linked to the restricted trading conditions (special rules apply for businesses trading less than a year).
If successful the grant will be calculated as follows:
- Businesses with employees -> $1,130 for each impacted day (up to a maximum of $12,500)
- Businesses without employees -> $400 for each impacted day (up to a maximum of $4,400)
The closing date for applications is 4:00pm Thursday 31 March 2022.
For further information and to apply for the grant please visit https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/assistance-grant