On 15 March 2016, Minister for Small Business and Assistant Treasurer, the Hon Kelly O’Dwyer launched the Office of the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman.
Ms Kate Carnell AO was appointed to the Ombudsman role. Ms Carnell AO brings extensive experience and knowledge to the position, including 15 years of running her own small business, and more recently as CEO of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman will be:
- a Commonwealth advocate for small businesses and family enterprises
- a concierge for dispute resolution to allow businesses to resolve disputes without resorting to costly litigation, and
- a contributor to the development of small business Commonwealth laws and regulations.
Find out more:
- Visit www.asbfeo.gov.auExternal Link
- Follow them @ASBFEO_AUExternal Link on Twitter
- Subscribe to their news updates at Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman
Source: ATO Newsroom